By default, WordPress can protect each post with one and only password. This plugin gives you the possibility to assign multiple passwords on each post, with an expiration date.
- Upload plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Specify WordPress timezone on General Settings screen (/wp-admin/options-general.php). If possible, choose a real timezone (eg ‘Europe/London’) which may be more accurate than offsets (‘+2:00’) in some cases.
Be sure that your template files use the WordPress function to protect your content :
See WordPress codex for more info.
- What happens when a password expire ?
The password is deleted from the database, so it is no longer attached to your post.
- Expired passwords aren’t deleted. Why ?
The plugin use WordPress cron feature to periodically delete expired passwords. Please make sure this functionnality is working on your WordPress installation. WP-Cron Control plugin is a good way to see what’s happening with the cron.
- My post is no longer protected. Why ?
In WordPress, a post is protected as long as it has a password attached. When all the post passwords have expired, the post is no longer protected. It’s as simple as that.
To keep a post protected, assign it a password without an expiration date.
- Are my already defined passwords conserved after installation ?
- Are my password-protected posts still protected when I deactivate/uninstall p5 plugin ?
Yes. After deactivation or uninstallation, your posts are still protected with the first password that was attached to each of them.
- My password is supposed to be expired, but I still can see my protected content
Be sure that the timezone is well defined in /wp-admin/options-general.php
- Does this plugin provide some hooks ?
Yes. Actually these actions are defined :
- p5_insert_password, called after insertion of a new password
- p5_update_password, called after password update
- p5_save_password, called indifferently after p5_insert_password or p5_update_password.
- p5_delete_password, after a password has been deleted
نقد و بررسیها
نقد و بررسیای برای این افزونه یافت نشد.
توسعه دهندگان و همکاران
“p5 : Plenty of Perishable Passwords for Protected Posts” نرم افزار متن باز است. افراد زیر در این افزونه مشارکت کردهاند.مشارکت کنندگان
علاقه مند به توسعه هستید؟
- Fixed bug on cookie expiration date, due to difference of timezone between WordPress and the client
- Minor improvements for WP UI
- Updated jQuery Timepicker Addon
Get ready for languages packs (WP 3.7.1 feature)
Workaround to url_to_postid getting bugged. (see https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19744)
The post ID was not retrieved on custom post types.
Use CSS scope on jQuery UI datetime picker to avoid collisions