Create beautiful and engaging online courses, lessons, and quizzes.
Sensei LMS is a powerful learning management plugin from Automattic, the company behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, and Jetpack. At Automattic, we use Sensei LMS to power all our employee training courses.
Share your knowledge and teach freely with Sensei LMS!
Powerful LMS Features
- Seamlessly integrate Sensei LMS into your WordPress site. Sensei LMS looks great with any theme and can be customized to match your branding and style.
- Create engaging courses with the WordPress Block Editor, fully utilized by Sensei’s free Course Theme.
- Enable Learning Mode for an immersive distraction-free learning experience.
- Track student progress and performance with detailed reports.
- Embed videos from YouTube, Vimeo, and VideoPress for video-based courses.
- Add the Course List block to any page or post to display available courses.
Create effective quizzes
Quizzes are a powerful way to improve your students’ understanding of key concepts and track their progress. Select from various quiz question types and settings, such as multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, true/false, free response, file uploads, and more.
Showcase your courses
Submit your course to Sensei LMS’ public course showcase at https://senseilms.com/showcase/. Sensei LMS’ course showcase allows you to reach new audiences to expand your course’s visibility.
Discover the power of Sensei Pro
Realize the full potential of your courses with Sensei Pro.
WooCommerce Integration: Effortlessly set a price and sell courses in just a few clicks. Sensei Pro seamlessly integrates with WooCommerce Subscriptions, Payments, Memberships, and Affiliates extensions.
Scheduled Content Drip: Control the pacing of lessons in your courses by specifying when students can access lesson content at fixed intervals after starting the course or on a particular date.
Immersive Interactive Blocks: Enrich your lessons, pages, or posts with engaging videos, flashcards, image hotspots, and task lists.
Enhanced Quiz Features: Set a quiz timer and incorporate an ordering quiz question type. With Sensei LMS Pro, you can include individual quiz questions in any WordPress content, not just quizzes.
Easy Groups & Cohorts: Organize students into groups and cohorts to manage access and customize learning experiences.
Course Access Periods: Define a start date, end date, or a set amount of time that courses will remain accessible to students.
Conditional Content: Personalize the learning journey by hiding or showing lessons and content based on groups, enrollment status, and date.
Dedicated Priority Support: Our team of expert and friendly engineers is always available to provide assistance and ensure your success!
Flashcards: Add text, videos, images, embeds, and more to both sides of the flashcard block type.
Co-Teachers: Share course ownership with co-teachers who can edit course settings, lessons, and quizzes.
Certificates: Automatically generate beautiful downloadable PDF certificates for students when they complete a course.
Learn more about Sensei LMS Certificates.
Media and Attachments: Upload media and files like PDFs to a separate uploads area of your course or lesson.
Learn more about Sensei LMS Media Attachments.
Post To Course Creator: Create courses quickly by converting existing blog posts into course lessons in just a few clicks.
- Log into your WordPress admin panel and go to Plugins > Add New.
- Enter “Sensei LMS” into the search field.
- Once you’ve located the plugin, click Install Now.
- Click Activate.
- Configure the settings by going to Sensei LMS > Settings.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it.
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installation’s
wp-content/plugins/directory on the server.
- Log into your WordPress admin panel and activate the plugin from the Plugins menu.
- Configure the settings by going to Sensei LMS > Settings.
Where can I get support for Sensei LMS?
For the free plugin, please use the Support Forums for any questions that you may have. We monitor the forums regularly and will reply as soon as we can.
You can also check our Documentation on our website for guides, tutorials, and other helpful information.
Where can I report bugs or contribute improvements to the plugin?
Sensei is developed in public on Github. We welcome anyone to report a bug, submit a pull request, and follow along with our progress.
Does Sensei work with membership plugins?
Sensei LMS can be used in conjunction with Sensei Pro and WooCommerce Memberships to enable you to sell courses as part of a membership plan. See Selling Courses as a Membership for more details.
How can I keep up to date with new releases and announcements for Sensei LMS?
Please visit the Sensei Blog or sign up for our mailing list.
How can I include my courses in the Sensei LMS showcase?
To find out how to submit a course to the Sensei LMS showcase, and the requirements, please see our documentation on the Course Showcase.
Does Sensei support live courses, Zoom integration, or webinars?
Yes! You can add links to Zoom, Google Meet, or whatever platform you choose in a course lesson. In addition, Sensei includes a meeting lesson type you can select when creating a new lesson to help make this even easier.
Does Sensei work in WordPress Multisite?
Sensei LMS works great in WordPress Multisite. Although a Sensei Pro license covers only one site, the Sensei Agency plan permits the activation of Sensei Pro on up to 20 sites. If you use or plan to use Sensei Pro on a Multisite with more than 20 sites, please get in touch for custom pricing.
How can I sell courses as part of a membership?
Sensei LMS is compatible with Sensei Pro and WooCommerce Memberships, enabling you to sell courses as part of a membership plan.
See Selling Courses as a Membership for more details.
Does Sensei work in my language
Community members have translated the free Sensei LMS plugin into 18 languages, while Sensei Pro has been professionally translated into 16 languages. We welcome contributions to improve even more.
توسعه دهندگان و همکاران
“Sensei LMS – Online Courses, Quizzes, & Learning” نرم افزار متن باز است. افراد زیر در این افزونه مشارکت کردهاند.مشارکت کنندگان
“Sensei LMS – Online Courses, Quizzes, & Learning” به 18 زبان ترجمه شده است. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
ترجمه “Sensei LMS – Online Courses, Quizzes, & Learning” به زبان شما.
علاقه مند به توسعه هستید؟
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
4.14.0 – 2023-05-10
- Ability to set conditions on admin notices based on a date range
- Add disclamer with the reason that Sensei Pro can’t be updated when license is not active
- Add quiz generation using AI button in quiz block
- Use non-deprecated attribute to load SVG icons.
- Don’t send e-mails to Guest/Preview users
- Fix PHP Warning with Divi when using Learning Mode Video theme
- Fix Sensei admin notice styles
- Missing email page template link on the editor
- Removed unused calls to SenseiLMS.com for the old extensions page
4.13.1 – 2023-04-19
- Disable the “welcome” and “no progress” emails by default
- Update MailPoet link to point to Lists
- Improve plugin loading performance using pre-built class map
- Astra not loading the Courses page content
- Fix auto grading not working and additionally throwing error for fill gap questions
- Fix patterns wizard preview style
- Fix the home email notification settings link
- Make the email post type private
- Remove fallback to legacy options
- Fix showing warning from module when admin email does not match any existing user and it has no author
4.13.0 – 2023-03-30
- Functionality to create MailPoet lists for all courses and groups, and to subscribe users to those lists.
- Modify screen reader text to be less verbose on module expand button, front-end 👏 @alexstine
- Fix styling of notices on pages other than Sensei home and button output on Sensei home.
- Missing aria-expanded attribute on front-end module expand button 👏 @alexstine
- Only show the sensei_email template for the sensei emails.