With a simple shortcode you can enable and embed a WebGL viewer to show 3d stl files.
In the current version:
- STL files have to be uploaded to /wp-content/uploads
- The viewer can’t be used more than one time per page. This might be a feature because the viewer needs a lot of resources.
A complete description of the plugin can be found on my blog.
- Upload the directory to the
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Upload an STL-File to WordPress
- Insert the shortcode [stl file=”filename.stl” ]
A complete description of the plugin can be found on my blog
خواندن تمامی 5 نقد و بررسی
Only one but:
but it would be nice if Settings, Rendering Options and Lightning Option would be explained
... but needs some config.
1. Enable .stl file upload (or any other file type or file-extension)
You have to disable FILTER upload before be able to upload an .STL file. Just add
// -- allow all files to be uploaded
somewhere in your config.php file.
2. Refer your .STL files correctly
Then make sure you refer your .STL files correctly!
If your domain is:
Your uploads will go to maybe:
So refer the stl file as:
because http://www.yourdomain.com/uploads/ is added by the plugin itself.
Insert code is not documented within the plugin, which is a shame. So here it is:
[stl file="/2015/10/3dprinted-wrench.stl" /]
Hope that helps.
4. Setup Background
I was not able to set the background, which seems to be just a black color by default.
There is a way within the plugin to setup a tile (image) but it did not work correctly. (Just a small stripe is shown.)
I did try:
[stl file="myfile.stl" background="#f8f8f8" /]
but does not seems to work for me.
If someone knows how to setup Background color (mono, fix), or tile image, please let me know!
“STL Viewer” نرم افزار متن باز است. افراد زیر در این افزونه مشارکت کردهاند.مشارکت کنندگان
- Minor bug fixing.
- Scripts are only loaded if a shortcode was found on the page.
- Complete rewrite of the plugin.
- Many settings
- Removed hard-coded links.
- the settings page is working again.
- added stuff to the readme file
- code cleaning
- settings page is now working
- less hard-coded stuff
- added more parameters for the shortcode
- first working version based on a howto plugin from the web