This plugin will take quotes from QuotePiper.com and allow you to display them on your blog.
Key Features of this WordPress plugin
The plugin automatically picks up the daily quotes from www.quotepiper.com. You need not bother to manually select quotes, it is automatically done from a collection of over 2,00,000 quotations.
You can select the exact time of the day when the quotation gets updated. Exactly 24 hours after the widget is installed, the quotes get updated. So let say if you install the widget at 9 am (your local time) the daily quote will get changed every day at 9 am (your local time).
The widget is aesthetically designed and in most of the cases can seamlessly match with any website theme designs.
The WordPress plugin uses its own cache and therefore does not check for updates for 24 hours after an update is done. This ensures that the loading time of the website is not affected by this plugin.
If the quotes plugin fails to find a new quote for any reason, then it will use a fallback quote instead and check again for a new quote in 10 minutes.
Please note that the plugin is not supported for versions older than 2.1
This is a very simple and light plugin that does not stress the resources of your website with fancy links, colors or photos but is designed smartly to add that touch of elegance to a website.
We know that there is no issue with the plugin and you do not need support to install it either. But do drop us a line at the support forum to let us know how we can make the plugin better for you and the features you want to see in the future releases. Provide a positive feeback or 5 star rating if you feel what we are doing is good.
- Upload the ‘automatic-quotes.zip’ file via Plugins > Add New > Upload’ OR Upload the ‘automatic-quotes’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory via FTP.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Enable the widget via ‘Appearance > Widgets’ in your dashboard. You can place it in your sidebar, footer, or any other widgetized area.
- How Often Do Quotes Update?
The plugin will automatically check for a new quote each day. The quote will match Quote Piper’s daily quote on Monday to Friday, and pull random quotes from the archive on the weekends.
- What if the Update Fails?
If it fails to find a new quote for any reason, then it will use a fallback quote instead and check again for a new quote in 10 minutes.
- Does the daily quotation update time change with the time when I upgraded the plugin?
Yes it does. If you upgraded the plugin at 2 pm then the daily quotations every day will get updated at 2 pm only. It is better to upgrade the plugin at the exact time when you want the daily quotation to update in your website. Say if you wish to have the new daily quotation updated at your website at exactly 8 am in the morning (your local time), then you should upgrade the plugin at exactly 8 am in the morning.
- I have already upgraded the plugin version. Now I am getting the daily quotation updated at an odd time. What do I do?
If you have already upgraded the plugin, then simply uninstall it (deactivation only is not enough) and reinstall the plugin with the upgraded version at your chosen time.
بررسیای برای این افزونه یافت نشد.
توسعه دهندگان و همکاران
“Automatic Quotes” نرم افزار متن باز است. افراد زیر در این افزونه مشارکت کردهاند.مشارکت کنندگان
ترجمه “Automatic Quotes” به زبان شما.
علاقه مند به توسعه هستید؟
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Link fixes
- Adjustments to fix problems
- Adjustments to make the widget adapt to any reasonable width.
- Link fixes
- Bug fix to easily uninstall and reinstall the plugin
- Use of better data base management practice
- Initial release.