Using custom post types on your site?
Install this plugin to control which roles can publish, edit and delete posts of each custom type.
For this plugin to work, your custom post type must meet a number of requirements as outlined in the FAQ.
- Download and unzip the plugin
- Upload the
map-capfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress
- Navigate to
Map Capunder the
Settingsmenu to set capabilities
- Why aren’t all my custom post types listed on the options page?
There are four requirements for a custom post type to show up in Map Cap’s settings page.
The post type must:
- be public
- not be a built-in post type eg. page & post
- use a custom capability type (not the default capability of post). This is done when registering the Custom Post Type. In the
$argsarray you pass to the
register_post_typefunction, your plugin must have
capability_type =>set to something other than post.
- be registered with the
map_meta_capargument set to
true– the default is
false. Without this parameter set to
true, WordPress does not map any meta capabilities.
- Force Mapping
As many custom post types do not set the
map_meta_capto true, Map Cap offers an option to change the value of the
For this to work, the plugin must register the post type on the
inithook with a priority less than 10,000.
This feature works with the Custom Post Type UI plugin plugin but is not guaranteed to work with any other plugins.
- Using the Custom Post Type UI plugin?
If you are using the Custom Post Type UI plugin, when adding a custom post type, you must click View Advanced Options and change Capability Type to something other than post. For example, for a custom post type of Stories the capability could be story.
You then need select the custom post type under the Force Mapping section of the Map Cap settings page.
- Where can I report bugs?
Add a new post in the WordPress.org Plugin’s Support Forum.
بررسیای برای این افزونه یافت نشد.
توسعه دهندگان و همکاران
“Map Cap” نرم افزار متن باز است. افراد زیر در این افزونه مشارکت کردهاند.مشارکت کنندگان
علاقه مند به توسعه هستید؟
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix ‘Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in map-cap.php on line 268’ when deactivating a plugin or theme which registered the custom post type Map Cap was operating on
- Changing capabilities for custom posts with “post” capability type no longer allowed
- Option to change the
map_meta_capflag at run-time
- When changing a shared capability, a warning is shown
- Readme changes to help resolve common issues.
- Fixing bug where a post without the ‘author’ feature could not be trashed while having Draft status.
- Initial release.