Simple Pull Quote WordPress Plugin provides an easy way for you to insert pull quotes into your posts and pages. It adds an easy-to-use “Pullquote” button to both the HTML and TinyMCE editors.
IMPORTANT: To use in the new WordPress (Gutenberg) editor, use the “Classic” block.
See the plugin in action as well as how to use it:
- Select the text that you want to use as your pull quote.
- Click on the “Pullquote” button in either the Visual or HTML editor.
For more help on usage, visit the Simple Pull Quote Homepage for a visual guide.
How do I update the look of the pull quotes?
To change the look of your pull quotes, open your theme’s “style.css” file and create a CSS class called “simplePullQuotes”. Edit this class according to your tastes. IMPORTANT: Make sure your theme’s “wp_head()” function comes before your theme’s stylesheet or else this won’t work.
How do I use more than one pull quote in a single post or page?
Simply select the text that you want to use as a pull quote and click the “Pullquote” button in either the visual or html editor.
- Either use the built-in WordPress plugin installer to grab the plugin from the WordPress plugin repository, or upload the entire contents of the
simple-pull-quote.zipfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Q: How do I make the quote appear on the left side?
A: After you create your pull quote, add “class=“left” to it like this: [pullquote class=”left”]TEXT HERE[/pullquote]
Q: What if I am using a visual editor besides TinyMCE?
A: You will need to manually add the shortcode [pullquote]YOUR TEXT HERE[/pullquote]
Q: Is there a maximum number of pull quotes I can have on a single blog post or page?
A: No. You can have as many pull quotes as you would like.
Q: How do I change the colors and background image on the pullquotes?
A: Override the default “simplePullQuote” class in your theme’s CSS file. Here is a “How To” video about this: http://youtu.be/qvg2BFnN0pQ
Q: Where is the “Pullquote” button in the HTML editor?
A: I don’t know. It disappeared with the most recent version of WordPress, and I am working on fixing it.
توسعه دهندگان و همکاران
“Simple Pull Quote” نرم افزار متن باز است. افراد زیر در این افزونه مشارکت کردهاند.مشارکت کنندگان
Maintenance: Added icons for new plugin search ui
- Cleaned up readme.txt’s changelog
- Enqueue the simple-pull-quote.js on specific pages rather than on every admin page per https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp_enqueue_script-missing-dependency?replies=2#post-3451836 (Thanks Aaron Campbell)
- Removed white space at the bottom of simple-pull-quote.php and simple-pull-quote-tinymce.php
- Fixed the file path reference to the stylesheet to use “plugins_url” rather than “wpurl”
- Thanks to John LeBlanc for this fix: https://wordpress.org/support/profile/johnleblanc
- Removed inadvertent line breaks caused by wptexturize()
- Thanks to http://sww.co.nz/solution-to-wordpress-adding-br-and-p-tags-around-shortcodes/ for this fix
- No need for custom fields! (However legacy support for custom fields still exists.)
- Added “Pullquote” buttons to both the html and visual editors.
- Updated CSS Code
- Many thanks to Darrell Schulte for his help in making version 1.0 a reality!
- Fixed WordPress Plugin Repository file downloading issue.
- Switched the quote .gif file with a .png that will support any color background.
- Added shortcode for multiple quotes: [quote1], [quote2]
- Removed text-based quotes by default. Now users must add their own quotes if they want them. This gives users more flexibility.
- Initial public release