This plugin allows your WordPress blog to output pages compressed in gzip
format if a browser supports compression.
HTTP compression generally means a 60-80% REDUCTION in the size of your pages
(broadband usage) as well as an INCREASE in download speeds of 3x to 4x.
To test if your blog is using compression use the following link:
Check “Page GZip” on the right hand size.
Check “Bandwidth saved by compression” on the left hand side.
NOTE: This plugin should not be used alongside WP Super Cache or WP Cache
since those plugins are already implementing compression. Your blog
will keep working but those plugins will stop caching new pages.
RECENT NEWS – 20 March 2010:
Its been reported by a user that there is a conflict
using WP HTTP Compression together with Google Analytics Plugin (3.2.5). I’ll
to look into this and release a patch for next release.
Note that this conflict is NOT with Google Analytics itself but with
the PLUGIN. Google Analytics scripts and stat collection have been tested
and work fine with the WP HTTP Compression plugin.
- Download the
wp-http-compression.zipplugin to your desktop.
- Navigate to the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Click ‘Add New’.
- Select ‘Upload’ from the options at top of the page.
- Select the file
wp-http-compression.zipand press ‘Install Now’.
- You should get a message saying ‘Plugin Installed successfully’.
- Activate the plugin.
- Go to http://ismyblogworking.com/ to test compression
- Check “Page GZip” on the right hand size.
- Check “Bandwidth saved by compression” on the left hand side.
And there you go! Who said that was hard? 🙂
TO REMOVE THE PLUGIN
- Navigate to the ‘Plungins’ menu in WordPress
- Scroll down to ‘WP HTTP Compression’ plugin.
- Click ‘Deactivate’
- Scroll down again and click ‘Delete’
توسعه دهندگان و همکاران
“WP HTTP Compression” نرم افزار متن باز است. افراد زیر در این افزونه مشارکت کردهاند.مشارکت کنندگان
ترجمه “WP HTTP Compression” به زبان شما.
علاقه مند به توسعه هستید؟
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- New wp-http-compression plugin released.