This is a simple WordPress plugin which allows a site adminstrator to limit the number of widgets in a sidebar. You simply go the the settings -> limit widgets page and customize the maximum number of widgets used for each menu.
A nice visual effect will appear in the sidebar in the WordPress admin and the client will be unable to drop new widgets into the sidebar once the cap has been reached.
You can set widgets to have unlimited widgets by leaving the field blank. You can also set the sidebar to have 0 widgets effectively diabling it.
This is the Internet which means that nothing is created from scratch. This plugin is mostly a combination of work from other people which I just packaged into something with a user interface for easy management.
- Submit a pull request on Github
Upload Limit Widgets to the
Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Go to the Settings -> Limit Widgets page.
Enter an integer for each sidebar on the Limit Widgets settings page.
- What do the different colors in the WordPress admin section mean?
- Blue: If you have a sidebar that has reached the maximum number of widets allowed.
- Red: If you have a sidebar that has more widets than is allowed.
- No color: If your sidebar doesn’t have a limit or the number of widgets in the sidebar is less than the limit there is applied to the sidebar.
- How do you configure a sidebar with more widgets than allowed?
There are two likely ways to get a sidebar that has more widets than allowed.
- You set the maximum number of widgets on a sidebar that was already too full.
- How does this plugin work? / Is there anyway someone can avoid the set limits?
بررسیای برای این افزونه یافت نشد.
توسعه دهندگان و همکاران
“Limit Widgets” نرم افزار متن باز است. افراد زیر در این افزونه مشارکت کردهاند.مشارکت کنندگان
- fixed a bug where users could add more widgets via the inline tool
- added additional author
- Updating admin side CSS to play nicely new layout.
- Adding link from plugins page to settings page.
- Fix – PHP notices for an empty widget area
- Tweak – Updating readme.txt file
- Initial release